The present scenario of Emailing
At present email is like an internal part of every person's daily life in such a manner that just to think of being without email is unthinkable. In spite of the latest developments and wide spread of emails it is yet not without any troubles. Various Spam's and Viruses are the main problems however more doubtful matter is that of storage liberty. Most of the users have now turned their mailing boxes into electronic cabinets where-in all the important data is being stored into the folders. However, why do these users do this? An obvious answer to this question would be that it is quite easy. Controlling from some of the IT administrators is one of the best solutions for this issue. However, with the increasing combination between office methods can people just set some guidelines for where and how emails are being stored?
How can a person fight this issue?
It is very easy for all the users to scan and read emails by using auto preview and later file them properly to be read when required. The ultimate outcome of this would be slowing of mail servers with most of the mailing boxes fu with emails. IT administrators are restricted by their useful tools to what they are capable to fix these issues. Some of the alternatives these IT administrators are presented with include:
- Getting users to reduce their mailing boxes - actually there is no better method of accomplishing this on normal basis and so users find it hard to differentiate mails which they really require and which they don't.
- Using Auto Archiving - Some of the mail clients such as Microsoft Outlook try to include the feature of auto archiving which helps in storing previous emails into the local folders therefore it reduces the overall size of the mailing box. This is comparatively an ancient technology which moves the task of email archiving to the users.
- Using Enterprise Archiving - By using the enterprise archiving solutions like Symantec Vault products is said to be helpful in removing and managing tasks from the users to the IT administrators.
What are Symantec Vault Products?
Symantec Vault products usually offer a flexible email archiving framework along with web and file based content. The type of product enables the finding of content that is held within these methods, at the same time helping to eliminate storage costs and shortening data management. A commanding discovery and search capabilities are praised by prevailing client applications for legal protection, corporate governance and risk management. Some of the main features of Symantec Products include:
- Quick and simple searching and recovering of contents allowing users to hit into organizational know-how.
- Routine cradle-to-grave contents lifecycle organization for corporate data like emailing.
- Storage optimization eliminates information and message storages by almost 50 percent and even more.
- Guarantees fulfillment with discovery and retention policies by performing as a safe storage area for electronic data.
- Eliminates the overall cost of administration, recovery and retrieval.
- Provides a data warehouse for all the corporate information which can be stored as know-how resource by utilizing in-built search and index technologies.
- Flawless combination of existing emails systems with archived emails that remain transparent to the users.
Importance of Email Archiving
One of the main benefits of email archiving is to create sufficient space on the mailing server. As emails are being stored in a compressed method it usually saves large amount of disk space for business organizations and individuals. Strict controls, severe penalties and regulatory fulfillment is becoming considerably essential as most of the people confidence level is decreasing and several big business organizations continue to be shaken by corporate humiliations. Non-compliance by some of the business organizations will result in imprisonment and large fines. So, email archiving has become a perfect and direct response to the requirement for enabling and monitoring fulfillment.
However fulfillment is based on three important concepts which include:
- Information Durability, the maintenance of information in its actual format.
- Information Security, the information is protected against access by any unauthorized person and any physical damage to the information.
- Auditing, data is being protected and also easily being accessed by authorized personals.
Email archiving is considered as an important tool in the present day business environment. Due to the increase in corruption cases many people are seeking a simple method to riches. Since, court of law is accepting emails as the evidentiary evidence, its importance for recording and storing all the communication of leaving and entering your business organization. Email archiving systems
enable business personals to store all their emails in an original format which cannot be tampered. These business personals can even store them in order and later access them without difficulty with quick search and recovery procedure. Saving time, financial gain and improved efficiency are some of the main benefits business personals can achieve with the use of email archiving system. In order to stay ahead of your mailing information and communication the ultimate decision which you must consider is to install an email archiving system.